Senior Lawyer, Fujian Fidelity (Shanghai) Law Firm & Chinese Lawyer Assigned by Fidelity to Hogan Lovells Fidelity
Crystal Li is an experienced intellectual property lawyer working for our HL Fidelity FTZ domestic firm. She mainly focuses on trademark, anti-unfair competition, domain name and copyright litigation before the Chinese courts. Crystal also conducts IP due diligence work and has experience in managing cross-jurisdictional disputes for clients.
Her main areas of expertise are comprehensive anti-counterfeiting actions, internet enforcement, trademark litigation, domain name recovery proceeding as well as IPR protection during trade fairs and managing seized counterfeits with various Customs agencies. Crystal has represented clients in various industries including entertainment, construction and mining, fashion, alcohol, confectionery, paper-products, e-commerce, electronic devices and consumer goods.
Crystal has obtained an LLB from the China University of Political Science and Law and has an LLM from the University of Edinburgh, UK. She is fully qualified to practise in the PRC. She is a native speaker of Mandarin and is furthermore fluent in English.
• Advising a world leading entertainment group to successfully initiate civil litigations in Shanghai and Beijing against a mastermind infringer and obtained the injunction order during the litigation, as well as to conduct comprehensive enforcement actions nationwide against many of its franchisees.
• Advising a world famous confectionery company and its Chinese affiliate to successfully defend in a trademark infringement litigation in relation to 3D trademark, as well as to successfully invalidate the above 3D trademark before the China National IP Administration.
• Advising a world famous fashion clothing company on various matters, including to successfully negotiate and settle with the infringers on trademark issues, and to successfully oppose and invalidate against hijacking marks, to handle many Customs seizures cases in PRC and other general enquiries for Customs issues.
• Advising a world leading construction and mining manufacturer to handle numerous routine trademark prosecution and enforcement matters, and complex tasks including the successful SPC retrials in relation to the trademark administrative litigations and trademark co-existence settlement negotiation, agreement drafting and execution worldwide.
• Assisting UK clients to recognize and enforce Hong Kong International Arbitration Award before the No. 4 Intermediate People’s Court of Beijing.
• Assisting U.S. client to recognize and enforce arbitral award from the American Arbitration Association against Chinese public company.
• Working with Corporate colleagues on IP due diligence tasks for domestic and international clients, MOFCOM filings in relation to anti-trust issues, and other labour dispute issues.
• Advising a leading global hygiene company and its subsidies in trademark prosecution and enforcement work, including the trademark application strategies, worldwide trademark assignment, anti-counterfeiting investigation and enforcement in China, IPR protections in various exhibitions and Customs.*
• Advising a world leading army knife company in organizing enforcement programs nationwide, including market survey and education, AIC outreach program, in-depth investigations, raid actions, Customs IPR protections and training.*
• Acting for a famous US fashion company in arranging regular internet monitoring and pulling-down program, analysing and tracing the source of counterfeits, and arranging necessary legal actions.*
*Matters handled prior to joining Hogan Lovells.