Partner, Fujian Fidelity (Shanghai) Law Firm & Chinese lawyer Assigned by Fidelity to Hogan Lovells Fidelity
Suyu Yuan is a seasoned lawyer with a proven track record in litigation and dispute resolution procedures, notably in commercial and IP cases. After completing his legal studies at the East China University of Political Science and Law, Suyu qualified as a lawyer in Shanghai in 2006, and joined Hogan Lovells Fidelity in 2016.
Suyu has handled numerous litigation cases, accumulating a wealth of experience in representing clients in large-scale, multi-jurisdictional disputes involving contracts, corporate equity, and IP enforcement. Suyu's rich litigation experience allows him to provide valuable, practice-based advice to his clients whether handling a commercial deal, a business restructuring, or IP enforcement.
Suyu has a technical background in the field of Thermal Energy and Power Engineering and has passed the Chinese Patent Bar. This allows him to quickly grasp complex technical and legal concepts when handling matters involving technology.
- Successfully representing Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. in a copyright infringement and unfair competition case before the Guangzhou IP court. This case was selected by the Chinese Supreme People's Court as one of the top 10 IP cases of 2015.
- Successfully acting for a German canned food company to defend it in a trademark infringement litigation matter. The case was selected by the Chinese Supreme People's Court as one of the typical cases of 2012.
- Advising and representing a famous Japanese watch company to defend it in a patent infringement litigation case before the Guangzhou IP court, and particularly advising it on defence strategies and successfully invalidating the plaintiff’s asserted patent.
- Advising and acting for creditors in filing civil litigation against debtors before they entered into an insolvency procedure at the Shanghai courts.
- Representing a Taiwanese company in a dispute over technology stocks between its executives, addressing the company's hidden risks and helping improve its internal governance structure.
- Representing an Indian pharmaceutical factory in an arbitration procedure before the CIETAC in Beijing, filed by its distributor in the context of a contractual dispute.
- Advising foreign banks on enforcement issues regarding a loan agreement involving parties located in mainland China.
"The work results have been excellent; the service of the firm was a good mixture of Western and Asian style and the advice was focused on the commercial and legal interest of the client."
Legal 500 Asia Pacific
Partner, Hogan Lovells & Responsible Person Assigned by Hogan Lovells to Hogan Lovells Fidelity
Gui Liang Lu
Director & Partner, Fujian Fidelity (Shanghai) Law Firm & Responsible Person Assigned by Fidelity to Hogan Lovells Fidelity
Deputy Director & Counsel, Fujian Fidelity (Shanghai) Law Firm & Chinese lawyer Assigned by Fidelity to Hogan Lovells Fidelity
Senior Lawyer, Fujian Fidelity (Shanghai) Law Firm & Chinese Lawyer Assigned by Fidelity to Hogan Lovells Fidelity